1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Custom ROSCOE 5 bass Buckeye burl 4 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by goes to 11, Jan 27, 2018.

1. goes to 11

goes to 11 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my Roscoe 5 string bass because I don’t play as much and fallen back in love with 4 strings. In excellent condition. I have had 6 Roscoe’s over the years and this particular one is INCREDIBLE. You wont be let down. Has high gloss finish bringing out the intense colors of the unique woods. No nicks, dings or belt buckle rash at all that I could find. NONE! Absolutely OUTSTANDING condition. Probably could user a little bit if frets shined up since it has been in my closet. The other cool thing is the custom pickup covers and control knobs are satin finish setting them apart from the gloss body. They cost an extra 600.00 to make. Neck is also smooth satin. I took shots in daylight and indoor light so you can get a good idea of the colors. Bid with confidence with over 750 positive feedback rating on eBay.

· High end woods – Buckey burl top, swamp ash body, pin striping laminate, I believe the fretboard wood is called Veeza

· Lots of expensive upgrades like matching pickup covers+ headstock + control knobs.

· Loaded withBartolini pickups and 3 band active eq with bass, mid & treble controlschanges your tone immediately on the fly. Midrange knob pulls out for 2 separate midfrequencies.

· Scrolling pickup selector gives you any tone quickly.

· Midrange frequency knob pulls out to make it a double frequency and iscritical to cut thru the mix and gives you 2 completely different mid toneswhen you boost the mids. The higher yourmid is turned up the more the switch changes the frequency.

· Purpleheart tonebar gives stability.

· Low ultra easy action with plenty of room for slapping.

· This bass getsserious tone and any sound you want between the woods, active EQ and dual midrangeknob.

· Comes with molded Roscoe case. (not the black one in a few of the pics)
    · Lightweight woods. Swamp ash wood which is the body by nature is very light which helps for those long gigs.

· Selling locally so could go at any time.

· Outstanding condition with no dings or scratches I could find!

· I’m in no hurry to sell so not interested in lowballs. I have had this listed twice then took it off. We all have those basses thatgot away – this one will be that for me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Koog likes this.
  2. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    roscoe 1.JPG DSC00641.JPG DSC00642.JPG DSC00643.JPG DSC00639.JPG DSC00638.JPG DSC00635.JPG DSC00634.JPG DSC00632.JPG DSC00629.JPG DSC00625.JPG IMG_4742.JPG IMG_4743.JPG IMG_4739.JPG IMG_4738.JPG IMG_4740.JPG

AndyHendrix likes this.
  3. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    I bought it when it was slightly used so don't know the year. I think maybe 3-4 years old and although I need to shine up the frets a bit, the rest looks absolutely brand new. I keep all my toys in excellent shape. This has barely been played outside my man cave.

4. xabicho

xabicho Gold Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    35” Scale? String Spacing? Bartolini Electronics? Weight? Woods?

5. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Amazing instrument!

6. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    thank you and in absolutely outstanding shape. Buckeye burl has always been my favorite wood and THIS bass may be the one I regret letting get away. It just doesn't get played enough so it has to go.

7. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    swamp ash body. buckeye burl top. maple neck with purple heart tonebar. I believe the fretboard is called "veeza" but not positive. Pickups Bartolini. Neck scale is 35 inches. Weight is light - not a factor probably cuz swamp ash is a really light wood.

xabicho likes this.