1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Custom Sandberg TM5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vbroden, Mar 14, 2019.

1. vbroden

vbroden Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Premier Guitar Magazine, MXR Pedals, Moody Leather Straps, D'addario strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a one of a kind custom Sandberg TM 5. It comes with Delano pickups (splittable bridge humbucker) and Sandberg’s own preamp (built for them by Glockenklang). The paint job is a Candy Apple Red with a few more metal flakes added per my request and a matching headstock. The neck has black binding and black blocks (actually one of the first basses the Sandberg custom shop with both options on the neck). All hardware is flat black to offset the very glossy Candy Apple.

The bass has small cracks in the fingerboard gloss from traveling/temperature changes (which actually increased sustain notably) and normal wear and tear from belt and touring, but is in good condition. A small chip of a tuner plate is missing. It works perfectly so it is only a minor cosmetic flaw on the back of the bass. Easily replaceable if so desired. Gotoh Reso-lite tuners. The build price on this bass was around $4k.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    G RICH 5, Rapisme, sludgetail and 3 others like this.
  2. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    That weather checking on the board looks badass man!!! Should be an up-charge! Bump for a saweeet bass!

vbroden likes this.
  3. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price cut, $ 1,595.

sludgetail likes this.
  4. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    More price cuts. $1,395.

B-Lo and sludgetail like this.
  5. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Somebody buy this thing damnit. I don't know the seller nor do I have a vested interest, but THIS IS A STUPID price IMO.

vbroden likes this.
  6. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Haha.... yes it is!! Killer instrument. I have had 5 Sandbergs.

sludgetail likes this.
  7. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing...

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    May want to edit the price to reflect your updates. Let's say John Doe is interested in your style of bass, but his threshold for spending is only $1500. He may never stop at your ad because it's a couple hundred $ over what he could spend.

Great deal by the way...GLWTS!

vbroden and sludgetail like this.
  8. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Makes sense man GLWTS and what’s up B-Lo!

9. CatDaddyOTB

CatDaddyOTB

Mar 20, 2018
    Boston, MA
    price is RIDICULOUS. if it had one less string i would be 100% all over it. jeez somebody buy this!!!

sludgetail likes this.
  10. lameaim

lameaim

Jan 15, 2011
    I love my Sandberg TM4, and if I hadn't just received a VM5 I'd most likely be all over this.

Free bump for an awesome bass.

11. sludgetail

sludgetail

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Another free bump / someone buy this or you’re stupid

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Weight?

13. vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    The bass weight about 9.5 lbs

bikeplate likes this.