1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom Shop Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monroe55, Mar 24, 2009.

1. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    I saw a Fender Jazz for sale. The ad claimed it was a custom shop but it was an american vintage series. What do they mean by custom shop?? Do you think this is the American Vintage series or something else?? What would be a good question to ask the seller??

2. blockinlay

blockinlay

Feb 21, 2009
    Phila Pa
    The Fender Custom Shop replicates vintage models and builds special order guitars. Ask the seller exactly what it is, then search the internet and try and find the exact specs and value. Look up a similar guitar on fender.com if recent to get ideas of what to ask for specs.

3. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    The specs match up, and the value is the same too. This is for an American 1975 Jazz fender. The seller recently corrected the add to say " I have been informed and corrected that this IS NOT a Custom Shop bass from Fender, but an American Vintage Series bass only. I was informed from the salesman that I bought it from that since it had to be ordered, it would come from the Custom Shop. Apparently that was incorrect information. My apologies for the error."
    Is this some bullsht?

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Well, if it is, at least he's willing to admit it. I think it's just the salesman's fault.