Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Steinberger body

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by WesW, Aug 22, 2005.

1. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    I commissioned this body from luthier Bill Wilkat and he did a wonderful job with it. It was created to be used with a Steinberger bolt on neck (which can also be had from Moses), EMG35's (x2), and Steinberger hardware. Other necks may fit or work, but it was built specifically for Steinberger hardware. No hardware is included - just the body - as seen in the pictures. Unfortunately, I have not been using this - and I hate to see this craftsmanship not being utilized. This body design is based on the wonderful concept developed by Pedulla for their Thunderbolt Bass.

The woods used to create this beauty, are: Zebra wood (for the top), maple and wenge (for the center), walnut, (veneer, sandwiched between the top and bottom) and butternut (for the back). The back also features a cavity control cover made from butternut, proving much nicer than a plastic cover!

The weight of this instrument is light and well balanced by the combination of the woods selected, and results in an extremely comfortable bass. The over all dimensions are approximately 12" x 17 3/4" x 1 3/4" thick, so that it would retain the small bass appeal of the Steinberger concept, while still providing a unique and classy look.

Original price I paid was $586 US. I will take offers - any offers. I hate to see this beauty not being used.

Pics (click for full size):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I do have some higher resolution pictures available.

Serious offers will be considered.

Email appreciated - wesw AT strange-band.com.

2. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    i've been jonesin for some zebrawood and a custom headless !!!
    email sent!

3. WesW

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Emailed.

Still available.

4. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i'm looking for just this sort of thing for my sons XP... he wants a new body.

5. WesW

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Cool - you can email me - wesw AT strange-band.com if you have any questions at all....

:)

Thanks!

6. WesW

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Monday bump.

7. WesW

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Still got it.