Custom StingRay 5!!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by manoverboard_21, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2003 Ernie Ball StingRay 5-Beautiful maple fretboard and custom LIMITED Blue Dawn finish...VERY RARE FINISH...but it HAS A MATCHING PAINTED HEADSTOCK!!!!! Amazing tone,but thinking it may be time to move on.... Looking for a Yamaha BB,StingRay 4 or Sterling,Lakland Skylines...Whatever you got... Cash may work too... Looking for $1200.... harshell case included....MINT!!!

Have some other g**tar stuff as well....

2 Brand New Shrink wrapped sets of Dean Markley Blue Steel bass-Trade for some other bass strings...4 or 5 needed.....
  2. Disquieter

Jun 1, 2004
    not really custom (eb does NO custom work), and the price is high, but i'd love a picture.

how about it?

3. Well....It was limited edition and the headstock was painted.... IE not a stock model......Heres a pic.... Price is high because not so sure I want to let it go...but if someone really wants it.......
  4. mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    Would like to see a full picture of the bass. I have a stingray4 that I just got recently. I might would trade.
  5. Pics are low quality from camera phone....I will take high resolution pics later....
  6. Bump for a sweet bass...Any good trades?
  7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I don't mean to be difficult, but I'd like to clarify one thing on this finish.

Though discontinued now, AFAIK Blue Dawn was a regularly-offered, albeit slightly more expensive, finish for many years. Like G&L has three tiers of finishes, this would be in the higher tiers. The painted headstock is another upcharge option commonly found on many EB basses. If this bass was "custom" ordered, someone would have called a place like Bass Central and said "I want x finish, maple neck and a painted headstock"--selected from that year's catalogue of available colors. This finish was discontinued and in its place you now have a blue burst over visible ash.

I just didn't want anyone to confuse that sort of "custom" with something like the current Envy Green with black headstock (which is a true limited edition and has a special neckplate to prove it) or some such like thing which would be MORE collectible than a typical SR5. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
  8. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    If this bass is still available would you be interested in either a three bolt G&L L2000 with a jazz bass profile neck and beautiful cherry sunburst finish in excellent condition or a Custom made jazz five with EMG soapbars and a Demeter three band preamp?
  9. Send me pics and info bro....
  10. Bump...And to reply to Dr Phunky Pants.....Blue dawn was only offered for a few months...I called Ernie Ball.... Trade for a Fender MIJ 75 Ri or Yamaha BB plus cash???
  11. Heres what I got for the white sparkle Sterling Will (this one may never get sold or traded). ;) ;) ;)

12. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  13. Nice eb....Good for you...Looks hot.....Is that a 2004?

14. I havent had a chance to check the serial yet with the database, but im 99% sure its a 2004.
  15. Good luck with it bro!!! If you ever get tired of it,PM me.... ;)
  16. Ill give the new bass a good month from today (DEC 6) and if I still want a 5er after that maybe we can arrange something.
  17. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    interested in a warwick thumb 4 bolt on??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.