Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ultimo_Dragon21, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Ultimo_Dragon21

Ultimo_Dragon21

Apr 29, 2004
    I've heard a few TBer's mention ordering a factory direct Stingray, and I was wondering how you go about doing this. I checked the website and found nothing on ordering, and "my" 'Ray (Rosewood, 3eq, Transluscent Orange) Does not seem to exist right now. Not that I've got the scratch to buy one right now, but how would I order it?

2. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure you can just 'order one up' at any shop that is an Ernie Ball dealer. BC would be a great choice....

3. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    there's also one like it on the 'bay....

4. Ultimo_Dragon21

Ultimo_Dragon21

Apr 29, 2004
    :D Word. Thanks y'all!

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Unless if i'm missing something-i think i did what you are referring to. I went to an EB Dealer, and since they didn't have a bass in stock w/the features i wanted [namely maple board-they had one identical to my bass w/a rosewood board], i placed the order through them. I *think* we placed the order late late late December [like the 26th or something], so that means that EB probably got it early January. I either received the bass in Feb. or March. I don't quite remember when. If the place you want to buy your Ray/Ray5/Sterling/Bongo/etc from doesn't have quite what you want-it'd be a decent option to do. I think we put about 50% down and then paid it off when it came in. When/if i buy another Ray5, or any other EB Instrument-i think i'll go with the same store and if they don't have one like what i want in stock-i'll order one again. :)

6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

yah, any EB MM dealer will make an order for u.

7. Yeah, I got an E-mail from EB saying they don't sell basses to individuals factory-direct and that you have to place an order through a local dealer. It does take time for it to come (couple months or so), so if you do order one through your dealer, don't be expecting it within a week or so.

8. Keentwist

Keentwist

Mar 22, 2004
    You can make a custom order through a dealer but not EB directly.

Edit: whoops