Custom under way

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    I have been saving my money and buying all the component I need but I've finally got everything I need (minus one thing but its small and in the mail) I shall begin on the construction tomorrow (well now to-) night.
    Carvin neckthru 5 string neck (I know alot of people dont like these, but I don't really feel up to attempting to make my own neck at this time)

Basslines dual MM system (alnico in the bridge, ceramic in the neck) each pickup will run into a coil tap then from the taps to a master 3 way pup selector, from there into a Basslines MM 3 band eq

Schaller bridge, Gotoh GB7 tuners (black)

Zebrawood for the body

And a few other things that dont really need mentioning
    Ill post some pictures once I get it all complete.
    Thanks for your time
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Sounds cool, keep us posted on your progress.
  3. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    First nights work underway, So far we've got the basic outline cut out. It is still rought sanded and needs a little more on the curves but you can tell the deffinate shape of the bass i just needs fine tweaking around the edges. next time I can work (saturday) were gonna start on contours and rounding the horns, and hopfully get the pieces glued together by next week (I can only work on it weekend nights cuz my uncle works durning the week nights and I have school during the days so weekend nights are all we can get)
    So far the figuring in the Zebrawood is coming out great I'm very happy with what we've got done and cant wait for it to be finished
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sounds good. you should post in-progress pics.
  5. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    2nd day of construction done. The body has taken full form, all rough sanding is done, and the edges have been routed. Tomorrow gonna start with the fine sanding and glue the wings together.
    (I would post in progress pics but I keep forgeting to bring my camera, due to I can not find it. Im working on that tho)
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001

No this is not exceptable.. :)

Hope it goes well for you
  7. Idiezman is right-this is not acceptable! I say you stop working on it until you find yourself a camera!:cool:
  8. Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    Alright I found our camera and I've got a couple pictures now but I cant get it on the site cuz the file is too big. if someone could help me out and tell me how to get them on I'd be happy to post them
  9. hey Goretopsy, I suppose you don't have any graphic or photoshop software to work with. Feel free to send the pictures to me through email and I can downsize them for ya.