1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD CUSTOM USA PEAVEY CIRRUS w/ extras !!! Alder/Maple/Maple !!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mb94952, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

It's time I liquidate some gear. This was a tough decision, but a decision none the less.
    This is a 2002 USA Peavey Cirrus. Modded by the legendary team of Michael Dolan and Bob Groat here in Sonoma County.
    - Alder body
    - Flamed Maple top
    - Maple neck AND maple fretboard
    - Purple heart stringers - Same stringers used on all "deluxe" model Alembic basses. TONE !
    - 35" scale neck
    - Action so low, it's rediculous. Oh - ZERO fretnoise !!
    - 18v active preamp upgraded to have variable midsweep filter !
    - Custom Michael Dolan / Bob Groat satin finish on body. NO more sticking to your bass on stage ! This makes your playing more precise.
    - DEAD MINT condition. You will NOT find a single blemish on this bass
    - Dual expanding truss rod, graphite reinforced, graphite headstock cover
    - Custom knobs
    - The maple/maple is super hard to find anyway, so this CIRRUS is extra special.
    - Original 18v 3 band EQ included
    - Hard shell case
    I have A LOT of money into this bass and I would put this bass up against ANY $3k or bass anyday.

$1,100 plus $50 shipping anywhere in the lower 48 USA. - Mike
    MapleCirrusUSA008.
    MapleCirrusUSA007.
    MapleCirrusUSA005.
    MapleCirrusUSA001.
    MapleCirrusUSA002.
    MapleCirrusUSA019.
    MapleCirrusUSA025.
    MapleCirrusUSA022.

2. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Let me be the first to say, "DAMN, that's a pretty bass!!"

3. A tempo

A tempo

May 23, 2010
    You mention,

Upgraded to what, specifically?

4. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I got a dollar that says it was upgraded to a Peavey Millennium preamp. A very good upgrade!

5. The variable mid sweep aka the Millennium preamp! That is a beautiful bass you would still rather have your old one back wouldn't you?
    Here is your "old" one I can't seem to part w it though I love this bass:

[​IMG]

6. mb94952

Yes, the preamp was upgraded from the stock one to the Millennium preamp. As you can see though, I am including the original preamp as well. You could even use it in another bass !!

Also, the cosmetic & functional upgrade was the body work done by Michael Dolan & Bob Groat. If you ever played a poly coated bass on stage, then you know it gets sticky, therefore slows your response time down a little when switching from slap to finger style. It's happened to me. The result is losing the groove :rollno: .

Not anymore ! Now with the satin finish it is smooth as silk, doesn't stick, and requires zero upkeep compared to a hand rubbed oil finish (which I love, too btw !)

7. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Damn, that bass is pretty. Where did you get the knobs from? I am looking to do that to my maple 5 Cirrus.

8. mb94952

I got the knobs on ebay - They are called Pearl Black. $6 a piece. A set will obviously cost about $40 w/ shipping.

9. mb94952

**** IDIOT ALERT ! ****
    Yes, I'm talking about me. I was trying out every Cirrus I own and I just wasn't digging the tone of this bass. I NEVER thought of trying a DIFFERENT cab - I am REMOVING this bass from the chopping block. Just as I will always regret selling my last m3 (maple/maple/maple) Cirrus, although I'm HAPPY Genstormbringer owns it, I will not make the same mistake twice. I tried this bass though another cab and it all of sudden came alive. Why didn't I think of this earlier ????

GO ahead, leave your comments before I close this thread :eek:

PS - Heads up - I will be putting my Cirrus with ALEMBIC pups and 'tronics up soon.

10. Glad you're keep this one brah I thought about buying it but I would've painted it white the body that is and change all the hardware to Chrome. :)

11. mb94952

Thanks bro !

I'm glad I'm keeping this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.