Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Warmoth Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Okay. Ever since I got into Rush, i've been gassing for a Double neck.
    On Warmoth, there is a double neck body, but it's a precision/strat.

Is it possible/advisable, if i buy that body, to have Jazz bass picksups installed as opposed to the Precision bass? Is it even possible to do that? Or even this!
    Could I get Nino to do it for me? So I can own a Valenti bass?
    I'll send him a PM and ask. Anything anyone wants to add, please. do.

Body

2. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

There is a guy in Utah that makes great bodies . custom , nice tops , if you are into maple and what not .
    Very affordable !!!
    Go to Ebay .
    Go to advance search .
    Search by seller .
    Enter 100mph3 . That is his seller name .
    His name is Doug Christenson .
    Very cool guy . He uses Ebay as more of an advertising tool . He has done double neck Tele's .
    I'm sure he can help you with whatever you want .
    He made me a custom Jazz body for $150 .
    He may not have anything currently for auction , but you can go to his feedback ( the number after his seller mane in parenthis ) and see some on this past auctions .
    Good luck

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    send a pm to bwbass, he works there. Or it would probably be faster just to e-mail warmoth directly. Just Ask. The worst they can do is say no.

4. i have another vote for the man in utah, i have one of his bodies now, and it is some good work

5. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    i've just recently done some work with warmoth. And i'd call them if i were you. They seem to be able to make just about anything you want. Worst come to worst is they say they can't make it for you.

6. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    i've been e-mailing Brian Goode from Warmoth back and fourth and i was extremelly impressed at the speed he responded, and how much he helped. They said that they could arrange for the double neck body to be shaped as a Jazz/Strat, with rear routed controls, so I don't need a pickguard. That's only for 20 extra.

Now about this Utah guy, does anyone know an e-mail? Cause I can't find him on eBay.

But now, for the necks on this "Custom Double Neck" I'm thinking about just going for a Maple Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard for each. I trust them, and it's what i'm used to. Any suggestions? I do not want to spend over 2000 American on this bass. Right now with paint, body, and 2 necks, i'm at 800.

The body will be Swamp Ash, which i'm not too Familiar with either :\

7. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Warnoth will route any style pickup routing you want, so if you like the shape of the current double neck, routing it for jazz pickups would be no problem for them....

However, do you want a double-necked bass, or a bass and a guitar? Because the warmoth body is fo a combination of bass and guitar, and I'm not sure if this is what you want or not.

8. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    yes! I'm sorry, i forgot to mentiont that.

i'm going Geddy here. What i'm going to do is order a 4/12 double neck. I've done a rough estimate myself, through warmoth. and i've come up with 800 for the price. So far.

What I want is the Dye Green, just like this.

I saw this post before and fell in love with Nino's works. So i'm going to order it as a Valenti bass.

9. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
  10. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks for the link, i'll e-mail him!
    I think i might stick with Warmoth though. It's a good trusty name. Unless anyone has a bad experience they'd like to share?

I changed my mind about the colour, and saved 50 bucks on it. I think I want the Quilted Maple, or Spalted Maple Flame. They're beautiful IMO.

Colours.

11. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    mmmmmmmmmmm.... Flamed Koa. :cool:

12. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
  13. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    I believe that if you can send the the speficifations Warmoth can make a custom body for you.

On a bit of a side note have you seen Tim Commerford's new Double Neck?

14. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    I believe so...I saw a double neck that was beautiful. Was Tim's a Fender Sunburst?