1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom Wooden Knobs For Your Bass- Part II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by cvsurg, Oct 13, 2013.

1. cvsurg

cvsurg Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    FL
    As a matter of updating/clarifying, I will condense the improtant info from my previous thread- http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/custom-wooden-knobs-your-bass-996902/index2.html -here.

If you want custom wooden knobs for your bass (or your guitar, if you are of that persuasion), I can make single knobs or stacked (concentric), with or without set screws. The finish usually is TruOil, which gives a nice glossy shine. Some of the oily woods- rosewood, ebony, etc., will have lemon oil based, satin finish.

The woods I have available include:

Rosewood
    Black Walnut
    Spalted Walnut
    Black & White Ebony- 2 very different patterns
    Purpleheart
    Yellowheart
    Curly Maple
    Ovangkol/Shedua
    Zebrawood
    Becote
    Black Cherry Burl
    Wenge
    Kingwood
    Tigerwood

Examples of all the above wood (except for the last three, but will have some soon) are either in the previous thread or here-
    http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/cvsurg2001/library/Knobs

If you have another type of wood in mind, let me know; I've got an exotic wood dealer a mile down the road who is always getting interesting stuff in.

I make these knobs specifically for your bass, and it may take me a week or two to get them done, depending on work and gigs. The price is usually $12-15/knob, with stacked knobs somewhat higher; that's shipped, CONUS.

If you're interested, PM me a picture of your bass, with the knobs off, so I can best fit them to the shafts on the bass. Thanks for looking!

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    Nice knobs......... Not something I thought I would say to guy........

3. cvsurg

cvsurg Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    FL
    But taken in the spirit in which it was intended- thanks!

4. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    What kind of knob would you recommend for my new BTB coming this week. I would love to have the maple ans even the redish accent strip somehow. Ideas on this bass. image.

5. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    If you have in mind, exactly what your looking for in design. He's the man! Did mine came out perfect, no long wait, and even sent pics in the process of making. When I need more, I've got him locked in.

6. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    PMD

7. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I need you to design me a set of 5 knobs for My Ibanez BTB 1405 bass. The 2 bigger knobs need to be 13/16 diameter. The 3 smaller needs to be 11/16. They all are the traditional size shaft. What do you have that would look good? I kind of would like to go with a darker wood and a indicator line. 1b37ab_BTB1405%20Content%20Objekt2.

8. cvsurg

cvsurg Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    FL
    While I appreciate the resurgence in interest in the knobs, I'm sorry, but I've overextended myself and have gotten into a real time crunch; I'm playing in two praise bands and a cover band and working nearly 60 hours a week on top of that. I don't have the time to do the knobs and do them correctly right now; I don't want to sneak by and turn out something less than what either one of us would be satisfied with. I might have more time come the end of summer- I'll post in this thread when I'm back up and running. I do appreciate your attention. Please feel free to cruise through my previous thread for ideas- I'll be back!

Jim

campbems likes this.