Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Wooden Knobs (Pair)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Josh Curry, May 8, 2005.

1. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    These knobs we're made by me. This is the first set I've offered up for sale straight up as opposed to the several requests I've received to make them.

Each knob is a 5 piece laminate of Maple, Purpleheart, and Birch. The size is 3/4" x 3/4" which is fairly standard. The center bore is 1/4" with a 3/32" recess to clear most nuts on the base of the pot. The finish is natural oil and wax. Each one also has a set screw.

I'm selling this set at a special price since they we're actually the result of a new design I was working on. The set is $20 + $2 shipping to the lower US.

I'm hoping that someone out there has a P bass or other bass that only has 2 knobs and needs some sweet knobs like these to be the finishing touch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    hehe they'd look good on my Godin. don't suppose you want to make a third one? :)

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    wow I didn't know you did that man, nice work, unfortunately I don't have a woody bass for those :(

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nice job Josh... I should look you up for some knobs... ever plan on making more?

5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    SOLD! Thanks for the TONS of e-mail I recieved about these.

Please contact me if anyone would like a set like these, something similar, or something else custom.

Mods: I am aware that I will probably have to upgrade my account.