1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom Words on your Pickguard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fetusyolk, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Fetusyolk

Fetusyolk

Aug 7, 2008
    Hey,

I really want to get a hold of a custom pickguard for my Jazz V. I don't want a custom shape or anything, i just want it to have some words on it.

I was thinking maybe a black guard with the words 'close your eyes and listen' in grey or white, probably grey. Either way, does anyone know where i could get ahold of something like this? I don't really want to do it myself because i want it to be subtle and well done, and i want to keep my old pickguard.

Along with that, it's a MIM V pickguard which i cant seem to find anywhere normal anyways :scowl:

I really hope something like this exists , i would love it. Thanks in advance for just reading this even if you have nothing to say.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    You need to find a company that does plastic engraving. Basically, the top layer of plastic is removed to reveal the plastic below (that is a different color).

You also need to find a company that makes pickguards to order.

Here's a company that does both: http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/

3. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    hahahaha those guys should really get a domain name, i'm reluctant to order from any company based at home.comcast.net!

4. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

check trophies - plaque makers , they normally have laser engraving machines that can do that, i work with that but i doubt you live in florida.
    what about vinyl stickers? check on ebay, there is a lot of sellers that offer custom sticker at good prices, plus you dont have to change the pickguard

5. +1 on trophy shops. They can also color in the engraving if the pg is single color.

MM