Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Customer Service!! (another reason to buy a Lakland)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Sep 10, 2003.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Perfect example of great customer service

This was from the Dudepit forum. Read from the beginning of the post in the link. As if I needed any more reason to buy a Lakland, the customer service by Steve Barr and Dan Lakin were exemplary. I have heard other stories about Dan Lakin's customer service that just reinforce what he showed here.

BTW, I don't work for either guy, so I am not gettin any kickbacks for this (yet..hint, hint Steve :D )

:bassist:

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    wow

simply top notch.

3. I usually order my TI Powerbass Strings from juststrings.com - but they were out of stock, and I need some quick. So I remembered Steve and dudepit - emailed him and he said he had some in stock. I swear before my Paypal confirmation email even arrived, he emailed me saying he had shipped them already! And cheaper than juststrings too :D

I LOVE good customer service - which is why I play Spectors - they rule too - but that's good to know about Lakland as well.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    As always, first rate service from two of the best in the business!

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I swear, Steve over there is amazing. No wonder the DudePit is my second home to TalkBass.com of course :p Shame I can't afford anything he sells.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    WHOA!

He didnt even complain and he's getting a new one!

Talk about customer service!

Peace
    Nick

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Agreed. Companies that sell big ticket item and don't back them NEVER get return service from me. SPector has been awesome to me, and so has PEavey. It is god to see Lakland is on the customer-loving list too. What really impresses me is that he just showed up and said, hey, that bass was made like crap- we're gonna build you a new one! Very Cool!:cool:

8. I bet that bass is no longer for sale ... heheh

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Lakin has always treated my emails as if I owned the most expensive Lakland instead of just the lowly Skyline I actually own.