Customer service from COG effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Just have to say pretty happy...

Tom from COG effects let me know I scored last of a batch of mini 66 overdrive and then just emailed me to let me know it's on it's way to Aus... Mmm can't wait to try it out!

Any other COG users around? Didn't find a COG society thread!

2. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    will be getting my Knightfall 66 tomorrow, hopefully

EDIT: SELLING THE k66....see classifieds.......I really like it but it's too similar to some of my other dirt and need room on my board...it's not what I was looking for for this project

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
  4. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    Big time Cog lover here, really do need to get me some more, ive actually got a little package that i cant talk about yet from tom today!

13567303_303316696678554_1867756612170116331_n.jpg

5. Well got my cog mini... Have only played through headphones but love it.. Everything I imagined and more as my ultimate overdrive with blend... It's just so juicy and full of bass and low mids. Only thing is curious if I need more drive and may have to invest in the tarkin mini now too!

blindrabbit likes this.
  6. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I LOVE COG pedals. I own a T-16 and a Grand Tarkin, amazing pedals. I have owned like 30+ muff pedals and the Grand Tarkin is probably the best I have tried.

Tom is super nice to deal with.

7. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Funny I was looking at some pedal Demos last night, and just came across COG. I am really interested in the T-16

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I see them 2nd hand quite a bit as well.
    I wonder how come.

9. Cog pedals are awesome, and Tom is absolutely wonderful to deal with. Top notch gear, top notch sounds, top notch quality...really, you can't go wrong.

theunknowndude likes this.
  10. Everything eventually gets sold. If we judged a company on second hand sales, Fender and Boss are the worst companies in the music business.

(that statement might even be true, but that's beside the point :laugh:)

11. The only annoying thing is there isn't heaps of demos to go for... Would be awesome to see a bass dark lighter video!

blindrabbit likes this.
  12. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Oh,I have utmost respect for tom and his work and the question as to me having a t-16 is not an 'if' but a 'when'.
    I just saw a lot of cog 2nd hand recently. Mostly custom work though.

theunknowndude likes this.
  13. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Very nice pedals, I have the Grand Tarkin which is a great muff.

As to customer support ... my only experience is that one of the Tarkin' knobs was cracked (overtightened?) and I never got a replacement despite two mails saying I would. Not a big deal, I replaced the knobs for another type anyway, but I like people to deliver on a promise. It wouldn't stop me from buying again, the pedals are very good.

blindrabbit and theunknowndude like this.
  14. Damn that sucks...yeah the pedal feels very solid and was surprised how good the tones are... Just wish the tarkin mini had a clean blend, may still be ok but would be nice.

15. TG Flatline

TG Flatline Commercial User

Nov 30, 2011
    Sheffield, UK
    Owner - Cog Effects
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Actually it is a big deal. Unfortunately I can only explain this by passing the buck, and in this case one of my suppliers either didn't send the knobs or the knobs didn't get there (the order was to go direct to the customer, not to me), despite being chased by me. Either way, what was said would be done wasn't done, and so it's on me really! Drop me an email across and I will either reimburse you or sort you out with some kind of sexy discount on your next order!

16. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Yes, I think your supplier failed to send the knobs. I'm OK, don't worry about that, but you may want to investigate why the supplier didn't do what you asked them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  17. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    I gotta say all of the boutique people I've dealt with have been super, of course it's a more hands on type of business so you tend to get people with a very direct experience with their products and a more personal interest in your satisfaction.

Certainly Tom is first rate, and I love my T-16.
    I wouldn't be without it now that I've got one.

theunknowndude and blindrabbit like this.
  18. I talked with Tom last week about a T-16 order, he replied offering me some custom finish options and answering to my questions, but since then I didn't hear from him. I tried to contact him via email and Twitter with no luck.
    I'm sure he's a great guy and probably super busy, but damn... I can't order my pedal. Literaly.

19. That sucks, I usually get answers back pretty in 2-3 days at least when I emailed him, hopefully he comes through, I understand it’s hard being a one man builder though .

20. Yep, I'm sure he'll reply, but I wanted to get the pedal asap because I'm rearranging my pedalboard.
    I'll wait until the next week, then I'll look for something else.

EDIT: he replied eventually, I sent him some details about a possible custom project for me, then he disappeared again. It's been a week now.
    Like I said, I'm sure he's a super cool guy which is super busy, but I think I'll pass for now.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018