Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

customer service rant

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dougjwray, Sep 7, 2005.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm debating whether to name the company involved because they make great stuff and everyone I dealt with was pretty nice, but...
    A couple of months ago I sold a pickup to someone on eBay, and he contacted me to let me know that the mounting screws weren't the right length. Apparently, the guy who installed it and removed it for me lost the original screws and threw in some different ones. So, I promised the buyer that I'd get the right ones and rush them to him. I called the company to get the specs, and the person kindly offered to help me out and send me some at no charge if I had trouble getting them at a hardware store. I looked at several music stores who carry All Parts, and several hardware stores, and had no luck. So I called the guy back and took him up on his offer. A week later, no screws. I called up and he said he'd forgotten, and promised to send them out. Another week went by. Still no screws. The buyer was losing his patience. I resorted to Warmoth ($25 minimum... I had to pad my order with unneeded stuff just to get the $.25 screws.) Finally, yesterday I got an invoice from the offending company, telling me that they used UPS. But no package with screws. I called, and they said I can expect them in a few more days.
    My question: if you were the guy I spoke to, wouldn't you have simply reached into the big barrel of screws, picked 4 out, thrown them in an envelope, put on a stamp, and mailed them yourself??? That's what I would have done!
    Okay... I feel better now...
    Sorry if I wasted anyone's time with this nonsense.