customize cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Apr 13, 2002.

1. im trying to build my own cabinet. 4x10 and then a single 15. my only problem is that i don't know about which woods to use, or speakers, or electronics, or even how the damn thing should be built. can anyone recommend anything. especially what kind of wood to use and where i can get some schematics on building these things. thanks.
  2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    alright... theres a lot of information out there for those who are willing to find it. first of all, to select your drivers, go to bgavin's website in his signature. theres a huge spreadsheet with tons of info. for the wood youll want to use probably 3/4" good quality plywood. void free if possible. ideally you should use MDF, but that stuff is really heavy, and difficult to work with, and breaks easily... you get my point. Most commercial builders use 3/4" birch (or similar) plywood. as for the wiring, just speaker wire will work. the jacks and plates, as well as the cabinet corners, grilles, and handles can all be bought online through various hardware retailers. try a search.