1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Customized Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xkalenx, Aug 16, 2012.

1. xkalenx

xkalenx

Mar 4, 2008
    Not sure if I am entirely sold on this; i'm thinking it looked better in my head. I had some spare time and this super thin flag kicking around, so thought I might try something new. Anyone else customized their amps?

I stretched it (apparently not evenly) and used tacks to attach it. I could have done a better job, using staples, but I wanted a not-so-permanent solution.

photo.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Killer paint job...and congratulations on the killer gig with the Misfits!

3. xkalenx

xkalenx

Mar 4, 2008
    I cannot tell if you are chirping me or not. Either way, doing this was a nice break from doing nothing. Chirp on!

4. I like it , looks pretty sweet

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I have a Metallica banner something like that I use to cover bare wood cabs I'm testing out on the gig. Except you can't really see the logo. I leave the speakers exposed so I can watch them for excessive excursion, etc., and just drape it over the rest of the cab so, it's really just a black cloth. So it doesn't look so....well....home-made.:D. Baffles are sprayed flat black during this process.

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I have come up with a velcro/perforated ratfur thing where I can attach different logos to them for various things. Many beer labels like Lone Star, Pabst Blue Ribbon, etc. I have a Texas Longhorn logo for certain events. Stuff like that. Will be bring those out in the coming month or so. Pics to come.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Just a little ;) But it does look good, no doubt about it.

8. [​IMG]

Some of the fEARful guys have done some cool stuff with their grills.

9. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I have a few old Iron Maiden flags around, and I've considered doing the same thing...

Maybe if my Maiden cover band ever gets off the ground...

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yeah, I don't know about puttin' another band's logo/graphics on my stuff. I mean, unless I get the gig or they're paying me for the advertisement.

11. Can I put your band's logo on my rig?

12. xkalenx

xkalenx

Mar 4, 2008
    This is true, and was the reason I mentioned that I wasn't totally sold on it. A bit different than wearing a band's t-shirt. Either way, I was curious to see how it would work/look, and had some free time.

On another note, I don't think many misfits fans would want to play with the current lineup...

13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I liked the Misfits best when they were a legendary thing of the past...sort of like the Sex Pistols. You know? There's no glory to be had in the lesser stature of the reunion gig.

14. xkalenx

xkalenx

Mar 4, 2008
    True. The Danzig-era Misfits lineup(s) were untouchable. Famous Mounsters and American Psycho were alright, anything after that I refuse to listen to.