1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Customized Archtop Guitar MINT (CHEAP)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by bassinstincts, May 2, 2006.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    I just bought another bass and my conscience says some stuff has to go. Since I don’t play this, ever, it is first on the list. Sorry for the ****ty pix. Email me for higher rez.

This is a Greg Bennett Lasalle JZ4 which has a carved spruce top and laminate back and sides. Made in Korea, but was better made than any of the other much more ‘spensive boxes I compared it to. I had a carved mahogany tailpiece and pickguard made by a Luthier in California (original cheesy stuff included with sale) and a superior Seymour Duncan floating pickup (original also included) added at massive cost (near enough $500 when all in) to me.

Damn thing plays beautifully and sounds like a Johnny Smith. Pretty loud unamplified volume, too.

Without the upgrades, sells for about $900. With upgrades $750 (cheap) plus freight.

The guitar is dead mint. Comes with hardshell case.

2. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Not really a bump, a legit need for a pic