Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Customized bass with stingray neck, alembic type controls piezo and more

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jimkarl, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jimkarl

jimkarl

Jun 19, 2004
    Customized Musicman Stingray with Alembic Series I "type" electronics, active pickups,plus piezo! - One of the coolest basses I've ever owned. Lots of money invested. It starts out with a PRE-ernie ball music man Stingray maple neck in fantastic shape. Original Shaller Tuners plus a hipshot. The body has a beautilful woodgrain through the finish nice and solid and looks feels like a 70's jass body. The pickups are EMG active pickups in a P/J configuration. It also has a Zeta bridge with piezo pickup. The electronics are 18 volts with full sheilding in the cavity. Electronics are similar to a series one setup, with the sweepable Q filters, cut boost knobs and 5 pin DIN plug out, though a 1/4 jack is also there and provides 100% capability, so you don't have to have the external power supply (though saves on the batteries if you have one). You can switch numerous combinations of sounds between the piezo and magnetic pickups. The ultimate tone machine!! There are several switches/knobs on it but I honsetly don't understand fully what they all do. The range of sounds is truley wider than ANY bass I've ever owned! This is a custom bass and has a custom brass plate with the serial number identifying it. Quick disconnect straplock strap attached. Case included. Bass in really nice shape. $799

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    pics?

3. jimkarl

jimkarl

Jun 19, 2004
    I tried to attach but they are too big (and I have too many as well). email me at rocknroll@adelphia.net and I'll send them all. Thanks.

Jim.