Customizing my Cort A4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kkprince, Mar 24, 2020.

1. kkprince

kkprince

Mar 20, 2020
    This is my 1st post here. Hello to everyone! I bought my first bass , a Cort red A4 FMMH in mid Feb exactly at the beginning of the COVID Mess....
    As a guitarist ... this was a sort of Coming Out... maybe i'm a bassist ?? Let's find it out...
    :)
    Being locked at home here in Bergamo,Italy (Covid Hot pole) I spent few days starting a small cosmetic rework ..this before enter into the main task of "reverse engineering " & "rewriting" the Bartolini electronic.
    So where to start ? ...........My God... the Truss Rod cover plate is a plastic piece of [email protected]@@t...:)
    Get rid of it!!!
    I did a more elegant wood replacement with my small cnc, keeping the original 1 screw solution but having a small tab inserted in the truss rod hole for a more stable solution.
    Hope You like it !
    Cheers!
    kkprince

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    It's the little details that count.
    Welcome to TB! Stay safe over there.

Bassdirty and kkprince like this.
  3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    That is so awesome. I'd love to have one for each of my Cort basses. It's a fantastic little upgrade.

4. kkprince

kkprince

Mar 20, 2020
    What's the groove width under the truss rod plate ?
    For a 4 string (A4,B4) is 10mm.
    And the distance from the base of the plastic plate and the screw hole ? Should be 39mm.

5. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Nice touch. Stay safe.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022