1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Customizing My Fender Urge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jackotheclown, May 3, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,

I am looking into buying a new scratchpad and a new bridge for my Fender Urge. I went into my local guitar shop, they said they would have to phone fender and see if they could order these accessories for me.

For the chrome bridge, they gave me a quote of £70 and £5 P & P!!! as Fender would be shipping from America, and they cant get me a black scratchpad. :mad:

Here is a picture so you can see what I want doing.

[​IMG]

(The white scratchpad I want black and the bridge chrome)

Is there anyone who knows a place where I could get these items for less?! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks - Jacko

2. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    www.pickguards.com

You may have tro send them a tracing but they could probably do you one for cheaper. And you could get whatever color you like.

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    PM sent

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The Urge I isn't like a P or J in that there are tons of aftermarket parts available.

Making your own pickguard isn't that difficult...and there are no pickup holes to cut on the Urge so it would be even easier.

I'm not sure about a bridge...do you still want to string through the body?

5. Thanks for the help guys, I think I can sort out a scrathpad. Yeah I still want to string through the body do you think £70 pounds is a reasonable price ??

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    According to xe.com 70 Quid is about $129US...that's a lot of money for a Fender bridge.

The Bass Place in Tempe Arizona sells Fender Am Deluxe through body bridges for $49US... I presume that it will fit, but you should ask to be sure... The picture shows a 5 string bridge but the menu allows you to choose a 4 string bridge.

I don't know if they'll ship to the UK, but it's worth asking.

Here's the link:

http://www.thebassplace.com/cgi-bin...hstart=0&template=Templates/SearchResult.html