Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

?? Customizing your snare drum? *not so much music related*

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 20, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Hey guys.
    I have an idea and I wanna see if any of you DIY/crafts type people can help me out.
    I have a snare that I want to wrap in an animal print fabric. I would have to take off the lugs, the hoops and everything. What would be the best way to get the fabric to stay on the drum?
    I thought about velcro; would that work?
    I didn't know which forum I should have put this in, so I put it in OT. I guess its not so much music related as in, its not about playing that instrument. Well thanks alot if you guys can help.

2. Contact Cement.

I've used a brand called WeldWood. It's a most red can. It'll stick most anything to anything else. I've used it to glue closed cell urethane foam to fiberglass composite. then glue vinyl to the foam from there for seats. Also have glued 60A duro rubber to polished aluminum. Just takes about 15min to 1hour setting time until you can place the two surfaces together. Becareful, because it's even more than permanent. The two will become one if done correctly. Very kickass stuff.

Edit. Pic

[​IMG]

BTW, from a company called DAP. They also make a lot of other good products.