customs charge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigwig, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    does anyone have a rough idea on how i'd go about finding out how much i'll have to pay when my bass gets delivered..
    the wieght of the shipment (including case and plenty of padding) was 19.5 pounds.

thanks alot.
    (its coming from the states into canada btw)

and any estimates would be great aswell.
  2. i would also like to know this information but i think it depends alot on the cost of the item not sure though
  3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

A phone call to your friendly local customs broker would probably clear this up.

A call to your Post office, or customs authority in Canada would probably be more instructive than a post in TB with a bunch of bass
    jerk offs.

4. If a bass is north american made there should be no customs charge, thanks to nafta. You will however have to pay the gst.
  5. genderblind

genderblind Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Canada Customs uses a secret formula that they will not divulge. Rumour is that it has something to do with ancient Aztec burial mound dimensions divided by pi, an then you have to factor in how much ... the agents smoked on their break. good luck!!!
  6. Agreed, I bought some furniture in Toronto, Shipped it back to my residence in Florida. I didn't have to pay any customs and I think no sales taxes. Gotta check with the wife (well she could have been pulling the wool over my eyes just so I would buy it :D ) But it saved me bunch of money (or so I was led to belive)

7. yah i figured it was something along those lines