Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Custum" fretless on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Jun 20, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    ***... that is horrible, looks like someone took a wish bass and took all of the things that made it on the edge of acceptable out.

3. I think that is the worst looking bass I've seen on ebay. What a turd.

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    well, then you must not see many basses on ebay. while no work of art, this isn't the worst I've ever seen (remember that machine gun bass that was on here a few weeks ago?)and as far looking like a toilet seat, i think it looks nothing like a bongo :D :bag: I KID! I KID!

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Kidding or not, you'll have everyone who feels it's their calling to protect Bongos yelling at you over the internet here in a second. It's quite sad really. :meh:

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Kind of like some Wish designs, I'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time.

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    It seemed like a good idea during the 3rd round :)

8. kinda looks like this guy doesn't it?

[​IMG]

it's from Ankh instruments and this one was for sale on bunny bass for a while.
    I wouldn't buy it but I think it looks cool

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    It sure is ugly, but it does look like a solid and well constructed instrument.

10. what are you talking about man? i'd buy this bass anyday over the wish - i think it looks kinda sexy - well compared to the wish. and ditto on the well crafted and constructed part. i think you might actually be able to play this bass. and also not fall into a spiral of self-loathing if you bought it - compared once again to the wish! :crying:

11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I thought about this, but figured the joke wasn't worth the backlash. You got off easy so far...

12. The dude wants 3 times more than what I paid for my wishbass...

I'll stick with my wishie...
    Swim away, little fishie...

13. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    But if the quality is 3 times better, it would be worth it don't you agree? Even though I get a sudden urge to use the restroom when I look at the bass, I think it looks pretty well constructed. Something I can't say about Wish.

14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It reminds me of a pelikan.

I've seen worse.

15. tanuki

tanuki Bass Minotaur

Dec 13, 2004
    bristol, england
    that is the most tastless basses i have seen in my entire life
    somebody actually asked for that?

anybody check out the larger pictures and sound files ;)

16. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Does every mp3 on his site have a filter going? haha The wood on the bass looks good.

17. Derakh Djinn

Derakh Djinn

May 23, 2005
    Michigan
    thats a cool looking spoon, but its a bit oversized if you ask me...

18. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I actually prefer the looks of some wishes to this but I wouldn't buy either, as a playing experience I'm sure this would be far better than a wish for sure, note correctly installed electronics and a decent finish lol. I have to admit the wood is quite nice but the looks just make me feel ill.

19. That guy is from a local forum here in Dallas. You should go check out some of his sound clips. He slaps on this thing and uses an Agent 00 Funk pedal. I've told him that his clips sound like butt and another guy equated them to sounding like a wet fart. You should check 'em out if you get a chance. The link is here.

20. travatron4000

travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ha ha ha ***!? what is the point to those ridiculous sound clips? to let us know what a chatch this guy is?