1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cut in half index finger

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steadfast, May 3, 2021.

1. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    So I cut my left index finger to the bone and in half four weeks ago. I superglued it together per army ops. Damned. I am
    Back playing. I am having strong pains from nerve regeneration but all is good. My right knee is much worse.
    So, don’t forget the superglue in your gig bag.

2. joelns

joelns

Mar 10, 2014
    Years ago when I made my living as a bassist, I was also an avid rock climber. Super glue was always with me. My fingers were always chewed up and it was about the only way I could play. Good stuff.

3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Ouch!!!

One day at my day job I nearly sliced sizeable piece of the top of my left thumb off while opening a box so it was hanging on by a tiny bit of skin I had missed with the box cutter. It bled like crazy. At the time I worked in a hospital and could have gone to the emergency room but for some reason I decided I didn't want stiches. I quickly put the piece of my thumb back where it belonged and clamped down hard on it with my left index finger to stop the bleeding. I then managed to rip off a piece of duct tape from a roll I had on a shelf nearby, held the wound shut with it and wrapped it with the tape.

For a couple of weeks I didn't want to remove the tape for fear of tearing the piece of me off with the tape so I just left it. When I finally removed it after about three weeks the piece of me had reattached perfectly without even leaving a scar and feeling was fine. Duct tape just might fix anything.

Another time at a BBQ I sliced into my left index finger nearly to the bone and a few years later I drilled a hole through the tip of that same idex finger but those are stories for another day.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:jawdrop:

be careful out there! ;)

here's to a speedy recovery! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steadfast likes this.
  5. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Can you move the finger?

Because of you damaged the nerve, it should be sutured by a doctor.

Steadfast likes this.
  6. Steadfast

Steadfast

Sep 28, 2015
    Search Me
    I can move it. I had it looked at a week later and my doctor said it was good enough. I may lose feeling in my finger from the center knuckle forward but it seems numb on only the one half. Fortunately it was a razor knife and the cut was clean and straight.

J_Bass likes this.
  7. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    I hope that gets better for you. I used to work with glass every day, and I was never without liquid bandage and super glue. Bandaids and neosporin are helpful, but I found that the liquid bandage and super glue helped most stuff along pretty quickly. They also made it so I could keep washing my hands that day without disrupting the wound all the time.

Steadfast likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021