Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cute amp :P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Ok, so i get music mag. from musicians friend and music 123... and i was browsing through music 123's mag. and i saw the coolest thing! I was just pissed that ampeg or GK doesn't make something like this for bass... anyway, its a full stack thats only 25cm by Marshall. tall.... Lets put it this way, with this you could say, "I got a full stack sitting on my desk"

http://www.music123.com/Marshall-MS4-Mini-Amp-i56556.music

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    funny, my guitar player has the "half stack" version of that amp that has a belt clip. It actually doesn't sound all that bad for a distorted sound. He takes it to guitar shows to test out axes when there are no amps at a booth. The only reason we cant get away with something like that is we'd need a pretty good speaker (relatively) in it.

3. I've got his bigger brother:
    [​IMG]

looks cool, and sounds great

4. They're funny those things. The guitarist in my band were looking at them a while back.

5. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have one of those cigarette box mini amps(Smokey's?) Fits in your pocket and will push a 4x12 cabinet by itself (honest to God.) Not loud enough to gig or practice with a band, but would be good for recording.

6. Well, those micro-stacks look cool and cute, but IMO they are more or less novelty items. If you want a portable, great-sounding, battery-powered practise amp for guitar, there really is only one choice: Roland Micro Cube! Truly amazing little box, definitely NOT a toy. Works with AC power too and is plenty loud; our guitarist has one and he has actually used it in few band practises. I´m gonna get one too, perhaps for Christmas.

Now, if they only made one for bass... :(