1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cutting Nut Slots

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MoreGuitar, May 23, 2012.

1. MoreGuitar

MoreGuitar

May 23, 2012
    If I decide to buy a new Rick 4003 and the dealer will do a free set-up with purchase, would asking them to lower the action at the nut [if needed] be asking too much or would that be considered part of the set-up?

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Tough call, I personally expect a good setup on a high end instrument like that, but you are asking for shop time more so than a setup. A setup take a few minutes, nut slots get billed out in my experience.

I would certainly ask, but I'd probably expect a no, maybe discount shop rate though. I am no expert though, so best of luck on your endeavour.

3. New high dollar bass, if you haven't paid yet, you have leverage.

Are they throwing in a case?

4. I don't see a problem as long as it's part of the purchase agreement. If it really needs the nut lowered then insist upon it. I'm sure they want to sell a bass.

5. MoreGuitar

MoreGuitar

May 23, 2012
    A Rick SKB type case comes with this bass.

Thanks

6. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    That should absolutely be included in a setup!

7. MoreGuitar

MoreGuitar

May 23, 2012
    Thanks for the positive reply, just gotta hope that they get it right the first time around.