1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cv or vintage modified

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mattpbass, May 11, 2011.

1. mattpbass

mattpbass

May 8, 2011
    hey guys

i have a 73 jazz bass, which i record with and a mex jazz for live playing

im looking for a backup for touring, so would u say classic vibe jazz or vitage modified

im in SA so i can a get a vm for R3500 or cv for R5500 both brand new << whats your views

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Classic Vibe

3. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    I have both a cv & vm jazz... The cv was much better & the vm needed some help.

Bliksem! I think R5500 is about $775 Canadian. You could get one of each & have change left for new strings here or in the US. That's an expensive Squier!

If you get a chance, try before you buy.

4. mattpbass

mattpbass

May 8, 2011
    the cv is R6800 before discount lol and mex jazz is R9000, expesive !!! damn!

5. VM for sure.

6. I vote classic vibe.

7. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

Jan 21, 2011
    YYZ
    That's a lot of biltong!

The VM & CV Squiers are decent for the money (in North America) but they're not $500 to $700 good... & $1,250.00 for a MexiJazz - I feel bad for you...

8. mattpbass

mattpbass

May 8, 2011
    a mate of mine, has a lawsuit ibanez prolly a 73 model , its a jazz bass, how about that against the cv??

9. CV Jazz

10. thejazzman

thejazzman

Feb 23, 2011
    Henderson, NV
    VM Jazz, I have one and I love it.