1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CV P has ruined all other basses for me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrmr, Oct 22, 2010.

1. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    So I hit GC and Sam Ash tonight with every intention of blowing cash on a new bass. I played everything - Hofner Icon, Epi Viola (REALLY wanted one of these only to find that they weren't my cup of tea), the new VM P, 77 Jazz, CV J, VM jazz, MIM jazz, MIM p...nothing gave me "that" feel.

So here I sit in the bar, no new bass in the car drinking a beer. I'm a bit let down. The new Squier 77 Jazz came closest. But dead spots all over the e string made me decline. Happy I've got my CV P at home but now I'm worried. Will no other bass ever talk to me??

2. keep trying the CV jazzes ;)

3. You've got your CV P to go home to. What are you worried about? :confused:

4. I'm sure one will, just probably not in your price range. You're going to have to either get lucky and find a diamond in the rough (like your CV P) is, or be willing to spend more. Go try out a pile of MIA's and see if you don't fall in love with one :).

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I kinda know how you feel, but I just completely stopped even shopping. My Warwick Streamer Jazzman is just the most perfect thing ever. I've never played a Sadowsky though. I would at least like to try one of those!

6. If your happy with ONLY a CV your either a really lucky man or you havent played enough basses!

7. progrmr

progrmr

Sep 3, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Kinda surprised that the CV J didn't work for me, and a real shame about the VM 77 jazz...nice pearl'ish block inlays...hat bass could work for me if it didn't have dead spots on frets 3,4 & 5 on the e string. Maybe I need to try some MIA's to see just how the fit and finish is - but I love the feel and of my CV P. first time ever that I went out to buy a bass and came home empty handed.