1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cyberbass aka Midibass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by (b)Assman, Sep 10, 2008.

1. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    What devices can it plug into? How much do they usually run?

Thanks.

2. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    It goes into sound modules??? Can it plug into say a keyboard?? I'm a bit confused here lol.

3. Dont know 100%, but there was a Peavey rack mount synth that was part of the package. You got the bass itself, a rack mounted converter thing, and the sound module. Looking at the smoky one that hasn't been tested, has no sound module or manuals? Good luck. IMO "has not been tested" means "doesn't work but if I said that you wouldn't buy it".

4. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Ok good post. I'll prob pass on it then. In the photo it looks like it has the module and the cable...

" However, plus realize that I have not tested the MIDI capabilites of this unit, therefore it is being sold "AS-IS." "

roffles

someones about to get boned.

5. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Anyone know how often these come up and how much they run for? Also what do they work with besides the included rack?

Anyone have any experience with the Yamaha B1D with the Yamaha G50 pickup?

I'd be so lost with TB and the WWW

6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Mine was $5XX.00, forget exactly, plus shipping. That one on Ebay had the converter, but not the sound module. I haven't tried mine with other synths yet; it should work but the synth might need to be tweaked for it. The Peavey "Midibase" sound module is configured for use with the Midi/Cyber bass, all I had to do to set my module up was to reinitialize it to factory specs. I'd be lost without the manuals for these things, I wouldn't have bought it if they weren't included (maybe they are online, haven't checked). I have a Yamaha G50 but not the bass pickup - mine came with the guitar one, I got it cheap and had planned to get a Roland pickup before I saw the Peavey.

I did bid on the recent one figuring it was cheap enough to pickup as a parts bass/replacement since they are such an arcane old thing, but it went over my limit.