1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cynicism, money, KISS and a child’s eyes.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaco944, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:17 PM.

1. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I’ve been a KISS fan since the ‘70’s although I stopped seeing them after Peter and Ace left again. My daughter who is 7 has always enjoyed watching KISS videos with Daddy and I told her if they came around we’d go see them.
    We got tickets for the End of the Road tour and saw them last night. Prior to I had read all of the negative comments about Paul lip syncing, fake Ace and Peter and the money grab of a “farewell” tour.
    The show absolutely kicked ass! Especially when watching through the eyes of a 7 year old with no cynicism or knowledge of the history. She screamed and laughed and clapped and rocked out.
    I got to thinking isn’t that what music and rock was all about for all of us at one time or another? It was just a fun great show!

2. It reminds me of growing up in the 1990s and listening to the 'new' music of certain bands and loving the music. Then i'd later find out that the songs were from the era when they'd 'lost it,' or 'sold out' or 'got lame' or whatever. But, my virgin ears didn't hear things the same way...

3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Your daughter will remember that special night and concert she got to share with her daddy the rest of her life. :thumbsup:

Nashrakh and jerry like this.
  4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    KISS knows how to put on a show, how to entertain, and how to give their fans what they want. May or may not be your cuppa tea (not mine), but many other performers should learn from them.

Nashrakh likes this.
  5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I used to work at a local outdoor amphitheater doing security work. Kiss was coming to play and i was called in while they were rigging the stage. When i got paid that day they gave me a pair of decent seats for the show which i was not scheduled to work. I tried to give them away and no takers. I finally called the local high school music teacher and asked her if she had any students who might be interested. Turned she was a huge fan and asked if she could have them. I was just glad they didn’t go to waste.