1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Czech-Ease, Quilted Maple finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Shornick, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    I have a quilted maple Czech-Ease with an Eb neck. It's a CE-1 from 2008. Flight case and thin Mooradian bag included. Also included is a bow quiver handmade from the Gage shop.
    Had this special ordered as an Eb and was told there was not even a handful of these out there with this finish. It has been around the US quite a few time but has always travelled by van inside the case. Some dings on the corners and normal wear and tear but it still plays and sounds great. Overall I'd say its in really great shape. Bass is strung with D'addario hybrids and after using a bunch of strings on this over the years these seem to agree the best with it. Strange to me as I do not like these strings on any other bass I've played. It also has a Fishman Full Circle included, preferred the sound to the Realist at the time.
    The flight case had a hairline crack on the top layer which I put the tape over to prevent from chipping. Never had a problem beyond that. All of the latches work perfectly and the foam looks brand new.
    The Mooradian bag is thin, the only option they offered. Has a small opening in the stitching from the end pin going through. Could easily be stitched but has never caused a problem so I've left it alone.
    I'm located in NE PA and can easily meet up in Pa, NJ or Ny. Travel a deal so could possibly meet up somewhere else as well. Don't really want to sell but with a small child in my life something has to go to refill the bank account.
    Asking $3500 but will consider reasonable offers as well. This was $5500 new and has been well loved. Thanks. Feel free to ask questions.

2. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
  3. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
  4. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
  5. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
  6. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
  7. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Bump

8. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Bump, but also back home and around for a few weeks so can easily meet up with anyone interested. Will definitely consider offers as well. Thanks!

9. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Bump

10. bassoakoustiko

bassoakoustiko Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    kingston, Pa
    Pm sent

11. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Pm replied

12. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Bump

13. basquat

basquat

Sep 13, 2009
    calgary,ab
    is it still for sale. cheers

14. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ

Still for sale.

15. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Replied to some pm's and a bump.

16. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Bump and wanted to make sure to mention this is a plywood model. Great looking finish but have been asked a few times if it was carved.

Humberto likes this.
  17. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Holiday bump.

18. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Still available.

19. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Still for sale and would really like to see this find a new home. Need to make space in my house. Will meet or you can come by and check it out. Too nice of an instrument to not be played. Considering offers mainly to get it a new home. Thanks.

20. Col E Loc

Col E Loc Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Brooklyn, NYC
    A Hopeful PM incoming to you sir.