1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Czech Flatback for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassdogEmer, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    I have a Czech flat back estimated to have been made between 1890 and 1910. It is a 3/4. String Length is 41 3/4. It has been completely restored including having the top off and all cracks repaired and a new bass bar installed. the neck has been reset and a new top quality Ebony fingerboard put on. The Varnish is original as is the Neck and Tuners. It also has a brand new bridge and also a new Goetz end pin. It has a deep rich tone - sounds great with a bow as well. Very punchy pizzicato sound. I am a very motivated seller as there is a bass on the west coast I want to buy next month. I am asking 8,500 but willing to negotiate. All work was done by Bill Merchant in NYC and he can verify the health of the instrument. There is no label inside. Please pm me with any questions
    thanks
    bassdog

Attached Files:

2. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    hi - here are some more pics. I previously posted this ad but have been out of the country for all of February - I am now back in NYC and can see folks if anyone is interested - i am motivated to sell quickly

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.