Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Czech NS-JCM 4 string Spector- opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fleahugger, Apr 19, 2002.

1. I was wondering if anyone has seen/tried the Czech made NS-JCM 4 string bolt on bass like this? There's one at my local shop for 1900 dollars Australian or $1,024.94 US... (take into consideration shipping costs and stuff, and YES they do make a difference, eg. MIM Fender Jazz bass over here is 1600 dollars OR $863.104 US). I was wondering what everyones opinion of this bass is and if it's a good buy for a poor 14 year old boy :(

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have a Czech neck thru 5 string Spector that for me is the best bass I've ever had. I haven't tried the bolt on stuff - we don't have stores that stock them on a regular basis, mine had to be orderdd in.

The price seems OK, but I'n nit sure on the bolt on series pricing. My Czech Spector cost £1,300 (about $1800 US) and I think it was worth every penny!

You're obviously not that poor a 14 year old - I got mine for my 30th Birthday as a present from my wife, I couldn't have afforded to buy it on my own!

3. The bass you have the link to is the USA made bolt on. The bass you are referring to is the Czech made "Rebop" which is essentially the Czech made version of the USA bolt on. If you can afford the Rebop then by all means get one! That's a much better bass than what most 14 year olds can afford (it's better than many basses I see adults playing)!
    You can always move up to a Czech or USA neck through when you have the $$$! Good luck!

4. the strange thing is, it had J pickups, which none of the Rebops have, and it did have Czech written on the back of the headstock.

5. There was a Bolt on Czech Spector bass available in some select European countries that had the twin J pickups. These basses weren't available in North America. I don't know much about those basses and what they're worth. It's obvious that it's not a new bass. The best bet is to get the serial number which is either on the back of the head stock or in the contol cavity. Then e-mail the serial number to info@spectorbass.com and request the model, year made and any other helpful information.

There's another thread that seems to have this same dilema. Perhaps you are both looking at the same bass!

6. god, it's confusing, I'm going back to the shop tommorow. I'll go write down the serial number and the model number and all that crap

7. It may be a pain in the arse but it's better to be informed of what you are getting. When you contact Spector, ask for the model name, original list price, year made etc. That way you can find out if the bass is worth what the store is asking.
    Spector's phone number is 1(800)825-8810.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I remember seeing a Czech Bolt on w/2 J's on eBay a while back (way before Re-Bop's) from Canada. I called Spector to see if I could order one for myself through my shop, but they weren't available in the USA. Sounds like Re-Bop's Parents. ;)

I'd buy it @ that price if all the info that Stuart give you is good.

9. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC

well...when I was a poor 14 year old boy, i settled for a NS2000/4 and never looked back.

\/ \/ see the link im my sig \/ \/