Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

czech spector & G&L ASAT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, May 29, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd like to know the opinion of you guys who played both the czech spector and the G&L asat or L2000 or L 2500. what are your opinions of a match beteween the ns5cr and the L2500?
    thanks

marco

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    My opinion on these 2 bass companies are that Spector's are the best custom built basses & that G&L are the best production (non-custon made) basses. I Currently have an NS-5CR & an L-2000. I had an L-2500. The G&L are IMO the most versatile basses without having to donate a lung to buy it. :) It sounds great. I have a recording from CBGB's in NYC w/the L-2500 & every time I listen to it, it makes me want to go out & get another one. :rolleyes: It played great, sounded great & felt even better. But GAS hit when I saw a USA NS-5 on eBay :eek: I sold it shortly after I received the USA NS-5. :(

I think the NS-5CR sounds better & I love the countoured body but the G&L is much, much more versatile. I don't tink you can or will go wrong w/either or both (GAS)

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I have an NS4CR and two L-2000's, both 4 stringers. They both play and sound great.

Can't go wrong with either one, it's going to come down to preference.