1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

czech spector & G&L ASAT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, May 29, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd like to know the opinion of you guys who played both the czech spector and the G&L asat or L2000 or L 2500. what are your opinions of a match beteween the ns5cr and the L2500?
    thanks

marco

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    My opinion on these 2 bass companies are that Spector's are the best custom built basses & that G&L are the best production (non-custon made) basses. I Currently have an NS-5CR & an L-2000. I had an L-2500. The G&L are IMO the most versatile basses without having to donate a lung to buy it. :) It sounds great. I have a recording from CBGB's in NYC w/the L-2500 & every time I listen to it, it makes me want to go out & get another one. :rolleyes: It played great, sounded great & felt even better. But GAS hit when I saw a USA NS-5 on eBay :eek: I sold it shortly after I received the USA NS-5. :(

I think the NS-5CR sounds better & I love the countoured body but the G&L is much, much more versatile. I don't tink you can or will go wrong w/either or both (GAS)

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I have an NS4CR and two L-2000's, both 4 stringers. They both play and sound great.

Can't go wrong with either one, it's going to come down to preference.