Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Czech Spector Serial #?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by farboozle, May 23, 2003.

1. farboozle

farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    Okay, so I just received the Czech Spector I bought through ebay/instrument exchange, and I'm just wondering whether others' serial numbers are really faint. There's the license statement, Stuart Spector's sig, and the serial number on the headstock is way fainter than these, almost impossible to read. I couldn't get it to show in a picture. No damage there, just faint. Just gives me the heeby jeebies for some reason. . . other than that, this bass is sweeet, dead mint as far as I can tell. Probably the best flame maple I've ever seen.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Erm, I know this is a late response....but my Czech Serial number is in the control cavity and not on the headstock. If you turn the bass over, take off the cover, the number is teaped into the wood at the top right of the cavity!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The newer Spectors have the s# on the back of the headstock. I've seen some in stores that were pretty faint also. No big deal if you ask me.