Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D-210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by allan grossman, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Another woohoo!

Gard just sold me a brand new Eden D-210XLT at one hell of a price (I'd rather not say what the price was but I will say that it was a pretty fair chunk off retail) - he was outstanding to deal with and after we did the deal we shot the breeze for awhile - he's a great guy. I'd recommend doing business with him to just about anyone.

cheers,

allan

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    You'll love that amp. It can really kick butt. Great tone, punch, and volume capability.

There are a number of previous threads on this cab, as well as the prospect of pairing it up with a 1-15XLT or another 2-10XLT. Try a search of the forum if interested.

What are you planning on running it with? I noticed that it is a very efficient cab, however, it can take a lot of power (rated at 350 watts rms).

3. Actually, Gard and I are getting ready to do another deal for a 115XL to go underneath the 210 - I'm just waiting for a bass sale to close so I can pay for it :D

What am I running it with? An Ampeg SVP-BSP preamp and a Peavey DPC1000 power amp.

allan

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep, with that rig, you'll be kicking out some serious punchy low end!

Although I ended up buying two 2-10XLTs out of personal preference, I've heard the 2-10 + 1-15 combination and it sounds great. They have lots of clean punch and high-end snap; the lows have a deep full clean bottom with out being muddy.

5. Yep - that's exactly the tone I'm looking for.

allan

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Looks like this. Sorry about that ugly bass in the way.

[​IMG]

7. Munji- I posted this in a previous thread but I got no response from you. (you just probably didn't read it) so I'll try again. Which setup do you like better, your 210+115 or your 410?

8. Munji said...

Looks like this. Sorry about that ugly bass in the way.

<-- very nice picture snipped -->

My 55-94 is a Standard and isn't nearly as nice-looking as yours but it sure is a tone monster.

I'll post pics once I get cabinets under it.

allan

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    worldwide~

Sorry ... I was watching the Olympics or something. What a bunch of whiners, don't you think?

Anyway, The 210/115 setup gives great tone for jazz and blues. For volume, I like the 410, or better yet, the 210 on top of the 410. Now THAT rules. I used the 410 alone at a wedding gig last night with pre at 4 and main at 5. Plenty loud, and lots of bottom.

10. ya- those dirty, dirty whiners.

The 15 sounds a little flubby and boomy to me. That was only from a short experience. The tens kick though. Have you auditioned a 410 xst? if not then go do it, probably the best 410 on the market IMO.

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    On further thought, the 115 doesn't really add bottom to the sound. Remarkably, the bottom comes from the 10's. The 115 fills in the low mids, and adds a distinct flavor to the 10's. Actually, I dislike the sound of the 115 by itself. It really needs the 10's.