D-A-D-A Tuning

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Nov 10, 2001.

1. i tried this tuning- man! the ideas just flowed! and witht that tuning i'm gonna write a song for kim! (now one big "Awwwwwwwww") its a great tuning, and you can play every note and 4 more notes that you can in stantard tuning!
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    <big>Awwwwwwwwwwww</big> :D
  3. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
  4. wow... 4 more notes... thats 4 more than what you didnt have... wonder what you ever did without those 4 notes. :rolleyes: :D :D

Thats basicly just "open" tuning. that one is pretty close to g but not quite. You'd have to detune the two A's down to G. Then it'd be an open tuning. Watch, you hit all 4 strings at the same time... and it wont sound bad. well maybe a bit muddy. If you played slide guitar, you'd use one simular to this.

heres some open tunings used on guitar... just ignore the last two notes, unless you have a 6 string bass...

5. *sigh*

ahh women. best of friends one day, wont talk to you ever again the next.

Oh sorry it was meant to be AAAWWWWWW right.

6. I love using DADA....great for soloing!
  7. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    DADA....sounds like baby tuning....
  8. gitarzan

Aug 4, 2001
    It IS an interesting tuning.

I did about the same a few years ago on a six string guitar. I think I tuned it DADAAD. It was awesome. I hit with a slide, did some fingerstyle on it and it really was like playing a slide whistle, real easy, allowing creative juices to flow.

I've experimented with other open tunings and this was the best open tuning I've came up with on my own.

Funny, I used to think open tunings was cheating.
  9. gitarzan

Aug 4, 2001
    Other Alternative BASS tunings...

CACA - Sounds like crap
    GAGA - Overwhelmed
    DEAD - Good for long Jams.
    CAGE - For playing in the box
    DEAF - For loud songs
    ABBA - Good for Swedish Pop
    FEED - Great for playing at benefits

You can do the rest...
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, Gitarzan. Great post! Had me in tears!:)
  11. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I wonder what those tunings would actually sound like:confused:
  12. Very versatile tuning since it's also good for duets with prepared piano. ;)