1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D*A*M Day

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Sep 22, 2008.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    [​IMG]

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I love D*A*M gear. Seriously good fuzz.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Looks cool. How do they sound?

4. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    My initial impressions, prone to honeymoon period:

The MKII Professional (which is a replica of the legendary Tonebender MKII). This particular one is a high gain version using AC125 transistors instead of the some of the more familiar OC81 or OC75. It screams, it is incredibly vibrant and alive with both bass and guitar. The depth and character of the sound is amazing. I'm actually had a conversation about swapping this to one of the guys who purchased a "low frequency" MKII version (made at the same time, I lost the auction). I have to say I'm a little fearful now because of awesome this one is sounding.

The Fuzz Rong (modeled on the Mosrite Fuzzrite) is a little less straight forward despite only having two knobs. The sound is very clean with an overlaid fuzz texture (unless cranked, where it gets a bit buzzy). I need more time with this one.

5. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I don't know if you're into requests or anything, but I'd love to see you review the Sonic Titan...

I know someone (TheBigO maybe) had a thread on it a while ago, and wasn't a fan, but an in-depth review would be fantastic.

EDIT:

Oh, hey, look at that. It was your thread... :ninja:

Care to be a little more in depth about the likes and the dislikes?

6. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Depth about what? Fuzz Rong/MK II or the Sonic Titian?

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Sonic Titan, I'll leave you a couple days to get acquainted with the Fuzz Rong

8. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I no longer have it. I found that it sounded GREAT with one of my basses (which happens to be extremely low output) and kind of choked with the rest of them. Sound super on guitar though.

9. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Well that's unfortunate, if you don't mind me prying, what do you mean by "choked?"

Choked: took your signal and dangled it two stories up like an angry bookie with a serious agenda?

or

Choked: The kind you pay extra for... (if you're into that sort of thing)

10. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Cut the volume, reduced the intensity, loss of low end.

11. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Well then, I can't see why you would keep a pedal like that (unless you were a real big fan of the "suck knob" FarSide comic)

12. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    It was pretty weird, because it sounded pretty damn good with that ONE bass.