1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D.C., MD, VA Fall 2010 GTG aftermath

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Thunderitter, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Ok folks, thought it best I start a new post GTG thread.

I've redone the www.dmvbass.com website to include photos and stuff post GTG. Go check it out.

Thanks to XRob, Rollerberg2000, Philbiker and Berman3313 for the additional pics.

If anyone has any video or links to video they want to post please do!

I hope to have some video up by next week.

2. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Dave you rock!

In the vein of GTG spirit, are any of us hobbyists around here good with a router? I'm looking to install a second pickup in my Kingston fretless and am HAPPY to pay someone to do the work, but the thought of hanging out with another hobbyist and learning the process sounds like a whole lot of fun to me!

3. TR is a refinishing fanatic these days (he did one for me)! I'd PM him if I were you.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Great job, Dave. Probably steal a couple of those pics, very nice.
    :D

5. Im playing that sweet blue dingwall in the one pic i'm in haha :) whose was that?

6. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Now we're on a new thread just want to remind folks to fill in the survey and give us feedback. If you haven't received an invite to do so via pm or e-mail please let me know via pm or e-mail!

Thanks!

7. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
  8. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    The stormy blue Z3 was mine. Hope you liked it!

9. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Folks, anyone wanting to take advantage of the special GTG deal from Anderson Insurance, please make sure you mention DMVBASS in your application. PM me if you need any further details.

10. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Anyone from MD want to do some running with me haha? I'm in marathon training.

11. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    DC, MD, VA TB'ers...My band, The Dialogue, has hopped on a great local show this Thursday night at The Ottobar. Doors are at 8 and we go on at 9. I'd love to show you all what I do in my element. If you need anymore info. let me know.

12. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    I like the Ottobar.
    All the best.

13. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    So sorry I missed it- short-notice company coming into town which my wife and I see only once/maybe twice a year. I didn't want to be in the doghouse.

14. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Yeah, Ottobar is a great venue.

The house provides an 810 and an SVT-4, however, the 4 has been down for a while. I still prefer to use my own gear ('78 SVT, American 810 AV).

They can DI there if necessary, but we have our own sound guy and prefer to mic the cab with a 421 we bring.

You should come out tomorrow night if you're not busy. We play around 8:15/8:30.

15. Thunderitter

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Just posted the first videos on www.dmvbass.com

Thanks to Jeff for supplying it!

16. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    Thanks Dave. I just watched the pre-clinic jam, very good stuff. I wish I had remotely set up the camera for the post clinic jam, but I was busy wanting to get up there myself!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021