1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D.D. Verni

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by yarg682, Mar 30, 2009.

1. yarg682

yarg682

Dec 20, 2008
    I really love his tone but when I watch some live videos it looks like he's playing with a pick
    Now since I'm into finger style I typically think pick style has a dull tone (just my opinion don't want some big debate)
    I just wanna know if he plays pick style and if he does how gets such an awesome tone out of it

2. bassalo

bassalo

Jan 23, 2008
    CT
    He does play pick style I do believe. I love his tone too, very underrated bassist and band.

3. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    I believe he plays with a pick. He did always have a cool tone. He owns a rehearsal studio in NJ, I had been rehearsing there for a long time before I realized who he was. Nice guy, pretty quiet. His roadcases were all over the halls (maybe that should have been a clue as to who he was?!).

4. dannoman

dannoman

Feb 3, 2004
    He does play with a pick. Not to be an ass, but you say you like his sound but you don't like the sound of a pick? Maybe you should experiment with one (again, if you have in the past) and see what comes of it. I use a pick, and when my hand is cooperating i use my fingers too. Its good to be able to do both....

5. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    Def a pick player. Used to be a big Overkill fan back in the 80s. Met him at a gig with Megadeth once when they still had Rat Scabies on drums (2nd album tour). He had a Lakers jersey and I had a Celtics shirt, so we had an NBA debate for about an hour. I said "man, you should be a Knicks fan. how the hell can you pull for Magic and Kareem??". I was in Raleigh, NC (home state) and he says 'how the hell can you pull for Larry Bird??". Good times. They blew Megadeth away. Megadeth were all strung out at that time and would just quit in the middle of tunes and stare at each other. I always liked DD, but his tone was waaay trebly back then. I've always seen him with a pick though.