Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D/FW GigSPAM! 10/25

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by embellisher, Oct 23, 2003.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My band Lucid Dreamer will be playing a battle of the bands on Saturday October 25 at the Upper Room in Farmersville, Texas.

Show starts at 12:00 noon, and we play 12th. We will go on somewhere between 2:30 and 4:00.

Come see us!

Directions at www.uprm.net

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    :eek: From that schedule, I deduce they're going to try to squeeze 12 bands into 4 hours time -- or less?!?

Well good luck to Lucid Dreamer in the BoB, and good luck to the organizers and crew charged with trying to pull *that* off.

:)

Me, I'll be on this side of our great state that night, slogging through a pickup blues gig, trying to stay awake.

Seriously, hope it goes well!

:)

3. embellisher

They are squeezing in 25 bands in 12 hours. Noon to midnight.

The current plan is to have 3 bands an hour, max of three songs. You have 20 minutes, including setup/soundcheck. Everybody uses the house drums, amps and PA. After 20 minutes, the PA is cut, whether you are through playing or not.

You should see what they are planning November 29! 108 bands in 12 hours, on three stages. Same setup, 20 minutes per band, using house backline/drums.

Supposedly, if all 108 bands show, and play, it will be a world record.

I looked on the Guiness website, and didn't see an entry for most bands in a day, same venue.

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    One day I will see Lucid Dreamer play..... One day

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Echoes the thought...............

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    One day I will see Lucid Dreamer, and Razor will be there too :p

Jeff, how'd it go?

7. embellisher

We got great crowd response! Lots of compliments from the other bands, too. Didn't get one of the prizes, though. I think we're too old for the judges' taste.:D

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Some (most) "critics" have no clue what talented musician means. My guess those are the kind of people who judged your group Jeff.
    Anyways....good times. If not for people like this great acts like Blink and Korn wouldn't be able to pay the bills right??:D

9. embellisher

True! Most critics aren't musicians or singers. Kind of makes you wonder why they're qualified to judge music and musicians, huh?

As for Korn and Blink... :D[​IMG]

10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Razor's reason for making music :eek:

Embellisher, can we (I) get a little more advanced notice next time? These one day warnings are killer. :bassist: