Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D/FW Talkbassers: Vinny & the Jets gig 06/12

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by embellisher, Jun 11, 2002.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Shameless self promotion, in other words.;)

My oldies band will be playing at Jubilation in North Richland Hills Wednesday night.

So, if any of you guys or girls have the night free, and want to hear 60's & 70's covers, come and check us out!

2. Sounds awesome. But as I've pointed out on numerous occasions, I have 0 transportation. Here's hoping for a TB Carpool. :D

3. What time do you start?

4. embellisher

Joe, how old are you? I'm pretty sure that you have to be 18 to get in, maybe 21.

5. embellisher

8:30:)

If you come and see us, that will make twice!:cool: You need to let me know next time you play out, I'll come and see you.

Oh, and I won't have the Fender with me. It is loaned out for now.

6. I had a private party gig last friday. We did it as a favor to our ex-singer/keys player. It was a very nice way to bury the hatchet.

8:30 sounds just about right, I don't like to stay out late on a work night. It's too hard to get up the next day. :)

7. ....Have a great show! :)

Well, I think I could pass for at least 18 or 21 (apparantly I look REALLY old), but, I'm 15, so nevermind.

8. embellisher

Cool! I just found out that I can get the Fender back this afternoon, so I should have it at the gig, and use it on at least one set.:)

9. embellisher

Sorry, Joe.:( Hopefully we will be playing somewhere that's not age restricted in the next couple of months.

10. Caught your first set. Y'all sounded great! :)
    Maybe next time I can stay out a little bit later.

Loved that Geddy Lee Jazz Bass!

:cool:

11. embellisher

Thanks!:) We were much more together than we were the last time that you saw us. They loved us, and want us back on a Friday night in July. Friday=mo' money!:D

I didn't see you in the audience. Must have missed you.

That Geddy Jazz has great tone, doesn't it? Sounds better than my Pedulla! Too bad it's not a 5 string. And it's too darned heavy, too.

12. Geddy not heavy. T-40 heavy! ;)

Friday is THE night to play the "Jube". That place rocks on friday night! Good luck.

13. embellisher

Yeah, you're right. The Fender is the heaviest bass that I have, I don't know why I am looking for a cheap T-40. I whine every time I play the Fender, I doubt if I could handle a T-40 for more than 10 minutes!:D

Yeah, we are really looking forward to playing on a Friday. If we do a good job, hopefully it will become a semi-regular gig!