1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"D" is for Dead Spot

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by eknivsnikta, Mar 24, 2009.

1. eknivsnikta

eknivsnikta

Jun 15, 2007
    anyone ever have any luck alleviating the dreaded dead spot phenomenon on the G string at the seventh "fret" position on a fretless G&L? mine just went dead the other day. i thought it would never happen with this bass. oh how i prayed it wouldn't!:(

2. If it just went dead the other day but had been okay previously, it just might be time for new strings. I know that old broken in set of flats is as tough to part with as a favorite T-Shirt, but you might have to bite the bullet.

Ken...

3. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Dead spots don't, to my knowledge, suddenly appear (unless you have modified the mass of your neck or headstock). Chances are, the dead spot was already there and, for whatever reason, you only noticed it just now. I'd check this one out with a luthier...

4. Dead spots are a fact of life, just work around it.