1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D. Lakin Basses and the Ambassador Program

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    D. Lakin has an "Ambassador Program" in which current owners can save up to 1/2 the price off a new bass by recommending Lakin basses and posting about it on Talkbass.

Because the staff try to limit the amount of product shilling that takes place, we're going to be closing some Lakin review threads that have been popping up. This action is as directed by a forum administrator. Obviously we're not going to catch everything, and I'm going to leave some old ones open.

Endorsing artists and commercial users both have disclosures that identify their connection to different companies so that users are able to view their posts in that light, and commercial users have posting guidelines, such as no self-praise or denigrating the competition. Since this is a different kind of commercial interest, there's nothing in place right now. At the least, I'd expect future posts to disclose if a person is in the Ambassador program, but again, the policy isn't set right now.

Hopefully, this note will let potential buyers know that any reviews might (or might not) have a commercial interest attached. I'm not having this thread open to discussion, but if anyone wants clarification, feel free to email me. For concerns about the policy, contact the forum administrators using the "Contact us" link.

Of course, I or another moderator will post here when/if there are updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.