1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D@mn that's a huge catfish!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Transverz, May 26, 2005.

1. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I heard about that the other day, I was surprised to see that it was still alive (sad to hear that didn't last) after being caught (who's ready when they go fishing with a bucket that they could toss THAT in????) and weighed and checked by a Fish & Wildlife official (all the things necessary to register it for a world record, previous record for a Blue Catfish was 122.something caugh in TX). I was glad to hear that it was going to be displayed at Cabelas. Too bad it didn't make it.

Where's my 4 foot frying pan?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mitch rocks.

3. LMFAO!!!!

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    When I was 12, I went fishing with my grandpa and caught what I was sure was the biggest catfish in the entire history of the universe, ever. With as hard as I worked to get that thing landed, I was sure I was going into history books, or at least the local paper.

Turned out it wasn't even the biggest catfish pulled out of that lake that summer. It was about 95 lbs. , a pretty serious accomplishment for a 12-year-old, but nobody seemed impressed. Not two weeks earlier someone had pulled out a 105-ish pounder.

And he didn't even taste all that good fried. Catfish that big are amazingly ugly.

And what's weird about holding 124 lbs casually? I can do that. But then I'm probably bigger than the guy in the pic.

5. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    my uncle caught one about 115 lbs in missouri no dought i think there is something in the water

6. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I cant believe someone else saw that!

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    We grows 'em big in the Land-o-Lincoln! :D And....while that "catch the catfish by having it, or a snapping turtle, chomp down on your bare fist" think is mostly done in southern states, I belive that it is becoming more popular in the Metro East area where this guy is from. Only problem is that if he would have tried that method with THIS big boy, the fish would be the one posing for photos, showing off his distended belly with the guy inside! :)

8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, there are bigger fish caught all the time, but this is a world record for this specific variety, the Blue Catfish. There are similar sized fish and larger caught all the time but they are diferent species.

Yea, what was it the called that? Noodleing or something like that. Dudes have some serious thrill issues.

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh, did anyone else notice the Microsoft ad on the first Asian Catfish page?

Looks like an old Ibanez headstock to me.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I remember seeing a news report a few years ago about an 800 and something lb catfish that was caught in the Chinese yellow river. They had footage of a bunch of chinese guys trying to wrestle it to shore.

brad cook

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Way to bring old threat back and make me hungry again... MMMMM catfish taste gooooood

13. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ