1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D or Eb necks in Italy?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by toddjchandler, Apr 9, 2009.

1. toddjchandler

toddjchandler

Sep 19, 2008
    Brooklyn
    I'm going to be in Italy for a month playing music and will be renting a bass. I'm corresponding with someone there right now trying to arrange for this. I want to specify a D-neck. But they don't seem to be familiar with the differentiation.

I've heard D is French, Eb more German...but how about Italy? If I end up with an Eb neck, it's not going to be the end of the world, but does anyone have thoughts on how to best explain this in precise terms (measurements)? Or does anyone know if there's a standard in Italy?

Thanks,

Todd.

2. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Just there. Definitely "D"

3. massimo

massimo

Jul 29, 2006
    Paris (France)
    Hello, i'm italian
    as in all other countries you can find the two, but if its an italian ( or french) bass it will be 99% D neck. If its a german (or Bhoemian or Hungarian) you have to ty it. What is strange is that the person you have contacted can't do the difference, maybe he is not a bass player or simply he doesn't speak english. Good luck and enjoy Italy

4. toddjchandler

toddjchandler

Sep 19, 2008
    Brooklyn
    thanks massimo and mike, that solves it.