Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D.R. Lo-Rider 5-String Set (Medium with 125)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lorenzini, May 30, 2005.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Just got a set, will arrive sometime this week. I am going to restring my new Fender MIA Dlx Jazz with them.

The current strings are anywhere from 1 to 8 years old (no joke!) so it should change the tone considerably.

After all of the reviews I've read they seem to be a good choice for steel strings, good for slap and fingerstyle, not too bright, not too mellow -- right? :bag:

My G&L has Ken Smith Tapercore 40-120's and they are way too floppy. If I like these DRs enough I'll put em on the G&L as well.

Anyways that's all, no real point to this story, just that I'm getting into different kinds of strings.

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Let me know how those work out for your slap tone....I'm looking at them myself for my Yamaha RBX 765A

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    ok

4. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I've found them to be the perfect match for my L2k which has been my main gigging bass for the past 4 years. I don't string that bass with anything else. I just order them by the half dozen and gig them 'til they're dead.

My active Jazz is a different story... I've settled on nickel wound strings for that particular bass - usually D'Addario XL's. I've found that they deliver more mids, and a softer top. Wheras, the stainless DR's sounded much drier, scooped, and sizzly.

5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I just put on some DR LoRiders for the first time on saturday. It's a new sound to me, too metallic sounding, but I'm sure it will go away like any other pair of strings. Theyre good for slap, but it's hard to get the opposite out of them right now, even with the tone knob down and lowered treble.