1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D String

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by lrhbass, Oct 30, 2013.

1. lrhbass

lrhbass Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Dallas,Tx.
    Looking for some advice about the D string.Looking for a more defined Gut D string to go next to a Pistoy G and Anima A-E.I started with the Pistoy D but never was sold on it compared with their G which I love. After that, used the Garbo's and had some tension differences,then changed all three to Anima now.I am considering and willing to try the D.D.'s D.If anyone has compared this string to the Gamut Pistoy ,I would love to hear your take on it
    Just looking for more focused and consistant sound that also sounds good through the amp...

2. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    The Lenzner "jazz' D is a wound nylon on gut D. It has a great sound... it does not get tubby the closer to the octave you get. IMO, it matches very well with plain gut G.

Very clear sounding string... I have have not had much luck with any plain D's. They all sound too choked.

3. I can't compare it to Pistoy, but I'm loving the DD G,D, A (wound) I have now. The D is clear and full.