D-TAR Eclipse

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by emjazz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone try this in a bass yet? It looks like a great option for anyone looking for a buffer in a J bass or P bass. For that matter it'd be great for anyone who likes a passive sound but wants more output. I'm looking to make my next bass with probably just a buffer and a tone knob and I'm very curious about this.

2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

second time I've seen D-Tar something today. News to me but buffers and most electronics aren't my thing. There are guys in TB that know Buffers though so suprised nobody's responded.

Thought it was amusing the pic says larger than actual size. Looked pretty close to me. But the pic is about an 1/8" longer. Also noticed they misused the term coil tap. Nothing unusual about that from players but was suprised to see it from a manufacturer.

Not very useful input but perhaps someone who knows this stuff will jump in now.
  3. h60

Nov 30, 2007
    Not to wake up a 4 year old thread, but....
    I recently purchased one of these. They have done some changes to the circuit since that website photo. it is not discontinued, but sold as OEM to builders now. I am working on a semi hollow project that I intend to be a bit of a tribute to the Alembic modded Guilds of the late 60's/ early 70's. Ended up talking to Rick Turner about it and he brought up this circuit. It's a really flexible circuit with 2 channels that the buffering can be tailored to different pickups (piezo or Magnetic), has active mixing (blend) and a few other features that caught my eye. I'm waiting on my Dark Star pickups and looking into an EQ solution still but pretty excited about this eclipse circuit. does anyone have experience with it here?